(Featured photo by Art Silva)
(Sketchnotes by Adam Iscrupe)
Last month, Culture FEST made RV history as our biggest, most successful event ever. We asked employees to spend three days focused exclusively on getting inspired, becoming better informed, and having a little fun. More than 1200 employees participated. Nearly 40 RVers took the stage. And 10 VIP guests dropped by just to blow our minds (Note: they nailed it).
Although half a million people heard about Culture FEST on social media during the event, we’re here to give you the highlights. (And trust us, there were a lot of highlights.)
Day 1: We kicked things off with a Grammys-worthy performance by RV cofounder Dan Feldstein (if you haven’t already, please go enjoy the photos on Facebook.), launched right into our Annual Meeting, and ended the day with a performance by America’s Got Talent alum Tom Cotter.
Whatever Dan Feldstein lacks in musical training, he makes up for in gusto.
On Day 2, we brought in world-class speakers to inspire us – including NYT bestselling authors, an award-winning photographer, entrepreneurs, a Hindu priest, and a freestyle rapper. Oh, and we closed the evening with a private concert from Jason Derulo. (!!!)
Raise your hand if you got free front-row access to a #1 performing artist…AT WORK.
(Photo by Mauricio Cuadra)
Day 3 was all about Friends & Family. We turned our entire campus into a full-fledged carnival with a Ferris Wheel, bumper cars, and more funnel cake than you can imagine.
Each car conveniently answers the question, “Are we having fun yet?”
TL;DR: It was awesome. Here are 10 things we learned:
1. Don’t let fear keep you from finding your purpose. (Also, a picture is worth a thousand words.) -Lynsey Addario, war photographer.
2. “Don’t pursue happiness. Pursue a lifestyle where the byproduct of that lifestyle is happiness” – Dandapani, Hindu priest. (Alternatively, “Avoid energy vampires” was another gem from this talk.)
3. Regarding carnivals: Eat first, ride second. -This kid.
4. Our coworkers are mega talented. RV Analyst Jake Higdon delivered an impressive, Dr. Seuss-inspired presentation entirely in rhyme, our Creative team unveiled the incredible L&D classrooms they’ve been designing for months, and Sales Recruiter Daniel Howie opened for Jason Derulo with his 80s tribute band Cassette Rewind – just to name a few.
(Photo by Jean Viales)
5. Constantly ask yourself, “What if?” Maybe there’s a reason you’re in a particular role or have been assigned a particular task. Ask the question, and tap into an extra boost of confidence when you need it most. -John Sutton, President of RV UK.
6. You are the creator of your reality. Challenge the things you think you know, and let go of assumptions, excuses, and fears. With that empowerment comes complete (and awesome) responsibility to think more broadly and adapt to new challenges. – Isaac Lidksy
7. Avoid the sprinklers when members of the Corp Comm team are lurking. -Everyone.
8. Be a giver, not a taker. Helping others can actually help drive your own success. – Adam Grant
9. Red Ventures is literally taking over the world. We now have international offices in Brazil AND the UK, and both are expanding at an outrageous pace. – Carlos Angrisano & Tariq Syed
10. You can’t microwave culture. A great company culture is the result of millions of decisions, made by many people, over many years. – Ric Elias
There were a million other amazing moments we could post here, but we want to hear from you. What would you add to this list? Let us know on Twitter & Instagram by tagging @RedVentures!