- Outages – Communicate, troubleshoot, lead, drive and/or implement appropriate resolution, drive escalations, perform root cause analysis.
- Change – Perform system/network updates, changes, and testing.
- Monitoring – Respond to and resolve alerts. Collect data, analyze trends, investigate possible resolution, implement and/or escalate.
- Documentation – Collaborate with NOC team mates and Engineering teams to update and develop runbooks for outage, change, application support, and monitoring.
- Application Support - Investigate, troubleshoot, escalate, update and resolve trouble tickets.
- Work a 3x12 schedule (12am-12pm or 12pm-12am), including weekends and holidays.
- Troubleshooting APIs, Load Balancers, SSL certificates, DNS, and other enterprise technologies.
- Understanding of Webservers (Apache, IIS, …) (restart, reboot).
- Familiarity with transaction based applications (HTTP, XML, SIP).
- Understanding of and exposure to VoIP (SIP).
- Virtualization/Cloud experience (Virtual Machines, AWS, Containers, ....,).
- Database familiarity (MS SQL, MySQL, backup management, constructing and running SQL queries.)
- Solid understanding of Networking. CCNA a plus.
- 2-4 years plus of IT/NOC/Application experience.
- Exposure to one or more IT disciplines (listed below in Desirable Skills section.)
- Experience working with Trouble Ticket System(s) (Service Now is a plus)
- Ability to analyze technical issues, perform trend analysis, and escalate appropriately.
- Perform server and infrastructure support (restart/reboot) for on prem/data centers/cloud technologies.
- Perform website monitoring and restoral (application restarts, server reboots).
- Strong attention to detail and ability to focus and stay cool under stress.
- Proven ability to multi-task and follow guidelines and instructions.
- Writes and communicates well. Expected to contribute extensively to NOC runbooks.
- Driven to grow technical skills and share with the NOC team.
- Expected to contribute to training team mates.
- A really good sense of humor
- 3-5 plus years of IT/NOC/Application experience.
- Broad exposure to multiple IT disciplines (listed below and in Desirable Skills section.)
- Hands on experience with System/Server Support/Engineering (Windows, Linux, ….)
- Linux experience (Linux CLI, CentOS and/or other distros, bash scripting, …)
- Windows administrator experience (AD, Shared Folders, Powershell, ..)
- Monitoring system experience with systems such as Nagios, New Relic, CloudWatch, Datadog, Pingdom, and/or others.
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
At Red Ventures we believe that diversity makes us stronger - at work and in the world. Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.