CreditCards, a division of Red Ventures, is looking for a Automation QA Engineer. Candidates must have excellent communication and collaboration skills and be able to work with peers in other organizations as well as software developers, release leads and other testers.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, write, execute and maintain automated test scripts for APIs, platform and UI software components that you are responsible for.
- Assess the current set of automation tools and framework and then make recommendations on our automation strategy.
- Determine when components meet acceptable quality criteria and standards and give the go-ahead for release to production.
- Work to minimize manual testing by identifying high-ROI test cases and automating them
- Review functional and technical documentation in order to identify requirements for the creation of test plans, test cases and test scripts
- Conduct test case reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture business functionality
- Execute all components of product testing such as functional, regression and end-to-end testing.
- Make recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, and quality assurance best practices and processes
- Investigate and evaluate new testing technologies and products for application within the environment.
- Integrate and maintain automated test as part of a CI pipeline (CircleCi).
- Work collaboratively within a team of other engineers and demonstrate strong teamwork
- Note: this is a hands on role where the candidate will be supporting the current project tickets while at the same time helping the grow an automation framework that can be utilized across the company.
What We’re Looking For:
- 1+ years hands-on experience as a automation engineer or software developer in test
- Strong understanding of QA concepts and proven abilities in the following disciplines: software testing, test case writing, and automated script development
- Proficient in Automation frameworks for Selenium, using JS, Java, Python, or Groovy.
- Experience with API testing tools (ie. Postman / SoapUI)
- Experience with MYSQL and writing SQL
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Strong aptitude (and appetite!) for learning new technologies
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Experience with TypeScript and Selenium is a plus.
- Experience using issue tracking systems (e.g. JIRA)
- Experience with continuous integration tools
- Familiarity using source code control systems, especially Git.
- Ability to analyze code from other team members
- Familiar with Docker and how it can be setup and leveraged by the QA organization
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
CreditCards.com is the leading online credit card marketplace connecting customers with multiple credit card issuers, including a majority of the 10 largest in the United States based on credit card transaction volume. CreditCards.com enables consumers to search for, compare, and apply for credit cards and offers credit card issuers an online channel to acquire qualified applications.
At Red Ventures we believe that diversity makes us stronger - at work and in the world. Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.