(This position can work from our Charlotte, NC office or remotely)
The Simple Dollar team is seeking a Personal Finance Editor! In this position, you will be responsible for editing content that covers a range of topics, including credit cards, savings, loans, taxes, insurance and more. The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of experience writing and editing personal finance content, with an understanding of frugal hacks, credit card tips, debt payoff advice and more.
What You'll Do:
- Directly manage a team of writers wholly focused on providing the most comprehensive personal finance information in the world.
- Assign, maintain and manage a large backlog of personal finance content.
- Develop a process for managing and executing the content strategy, including leveraging data to inform an approach, developing a pipeline of prioritized content and formalizing a publishing workflow.
- Work closely with the business intelligence team to design measurement, testing and optimization mechanisms and report on the content effectiveness and engagement.
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar tied to key themes that support our business goals and marketing plans.
- Develop comprehensive content requirements, content models and business rules for meaningful content presentation.
What We're Looking For:
- A strategic thinker, able to understand The Simple Dollar's business and create new initiatives to drive revenue through personal finance content.
- Obsessed with content quality, structure, performance management and ongoing content optimization.
- Knowledgeable about search engine optimization.
- Able to balance the need to inform our readers with the critical need to rank first via search and drive revenue.
- A leader with terrific communication skills that can serve as an advocate for your team and is comfortable interacting with stakeholders and executives.
- A subject matter expert around all things personal finance.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 1 year of experience writing, editing or otherwise working in the world of content.
- Experience with Google Analytics and/or Adobe Omniture.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
At Red Ventures we believe that diversity makes us stronger - at work and in the world. Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.