Our Directors have the unique opportunity to lead powerhouse technology teams while also remaining technically proficient themselves, as they assist in building out Enterprise Monitoring and Logging strategy. Our team is looking for a visionary who possesses the ability to interpret data and make difficult decisions that will shape the strategy of our technology teams.
You will work on a variety of things that include: developing and operating our Site Reliability Strategy. You will lead a team that works together to explore new boundaries and test new technologies. We maintain a tight loop between development, feedback, and deployment, which allows us to build world-class solutions to the business, marketing and data dilemmas of our partners.
How We Work:
- Autonomy – Aspiring entrepreneurs succeed here because you will have full ownership over your work from beginning to end.
- Collaborate – Better than making the dream work, teamwork makes the code work. Through open work-space, Slack and peer reviews, our teams work together to build amazing solutions.
- Innovate – With the belief that “Everything is Written in Pencil”, we encourage our teams to test new technologies and challenge the “status quo” to make us better.
Key Highlights of the Role:
- In the Director of Enterprise Monitoring and Logging Engineering role, it is up to you to evolve your team’s technical depth, break large-scale problems into manageable phases and quickly deliver solutions to the business. If you like the challenge of fixing things quickly and efficiently, this is the role for you!
- Red Ventures values autonomy. We pride ourselves on being an environment for opportunity and growth regardless of your title, tenure or team.
- As a Director of Enterprise Monitoring and Logging Engineering, you will be a hands-on player and a coach. You possess the capability to push your team’s abilities in growing them individually and as a unit, while also remaining hands on yourself in developing our applications and tools.
- You can make non-technical decisions while continuing to evolve the technical depth of Red Ventures.
What We Are Looking For:
- Experience with log monitoring technology (any of ELK, Sumo Logic, Splunk, Graylog).
- Experience with monitoring tools such as New Relic, Nagios, Sensu, SolarWinds or Zenoss or Datadog.
- Experience with time series databases & graphing tools such as Graphite, InfluxDB, OpenTSDB, Prometheus, Grafana.
- AWS experience at an enterprise level across a variety of services.
- Strong understanding of Linux systems.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure as code (Terraform, Cloudformation).
- Experience with container-based applications.
- Understanding of software development best practices (tests, version control).
- Experience with a configuration management system (SaltStack, Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- A desire to work with engineers of all skill levels.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience leading small teams or serving as a technical lead within an organization.
- Analytical and detail oriented minds with decisive judgment skills.
- The ability to prioritize, strategize, execute and deliver projects on time.
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solvers who love to challenge themselves.
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specialize in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.