As a part of our Corporate Communications team, the Social Media Manager will provide support for Red Ventures accounts and our nonprofits by creating compelling content, managing a consistent publishing schedule, and owning our strategic PR/Outreach efforts. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of success building brands via social media, can write stories, design posts, and edit video, and someone who is ready to take our brand awareness via social to a new level.
- Grow brand awareness of Red Ventures and our in-house nonprofits (Golden Door Scholars, Road to Hire, LifeHoops) via active, engaging and relevant social media content (written, photo & video).
- Manage a content calendar covering Red Ventures Corporate and Nonprofit beats
- Manage multiple accounts and schedule posts to ensure consistency
- Strategically pitch content to online and media outlets
- Respond to inbound PR requests quickly and appropriately
- Monitor/Moderate activity on social media & other external sites, responding quickly and appropriately
- Track key metrics like reach, engagement, and follower growth, and suggest new growth strategies and ideas
- Exceptional storyteller with proven ability to build a brand via consistent, creative, captivating content optimized for a variety of social media channels.
- Ability to toggle creatively between different styles, tones, platforms, and audiences
- Proficiency in design, photography, and video to build robust, multimedia content
- Self-managed with a collaborative spirit, able to move quickly on strategic decisions while interacting with internal teams to meet PR, recruiting, and branding goals
- Experience tracking key social media metrics and use data to inform decisions. Experience with Cision, Meltwater, a plus
- Flexible schedule. Will need to attend team events (occasional weeknight/weekends) in order to develop relevant, timely, and well-informed stories.
- Highly adaptable; eagerly embraces new projects and responsibilities