Red Ventures is currently seeking a NOC Engineer.
The RV NOC is the eyes and ears for all our IT systems and services including networks, systems and applications. Any hiccup, blinking light, or loud noise is our NOC team’s responsibility to notice and respond to so our systems and services stay up at 100%.
The RV NOC is a 24x7 team whose responsibility is to monitor and resolve issues on the RV Network. We are the first line of defense for RV’s critical applications, services, systems, and network. We are the central communicators to our organization in the event of trouble. We also resolve support tickets and perform after hours maintenance activity.
- Perform network and system change implementation and testing
- Outages - troubleshoot, drive and/or implement appropriate resolution, drive escalations, perform root cause analysis
- Provide Application Support - investigate, troubleshoot, escalate, update and resolve issues
- Leverage various tools to analyze trends, investigate alerts, identify outages, remote site data gathering.
- The NOC team supports Red Ventures 24x7x365. Team members will be required to work a 3x12 work schedule (12-12), and holidays.
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of IT/NOC experience.
- Experience working with Trouble Ticket System(s) (experience with ServiceNow is a plus)
- Ability to analyze technical issues, perform trend analysis, and escalate appropriately.
- Performs system support (restart/reboot) and infrastructure (on prem/data centers/cloud) monitoring.
- Performs website monitoring, restoral (application restarts, server reboots)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to focus and stay cool under stress.
- Proven ability to multi-task and follow guidelines and instructions.
- Writes and communicates well. Expected to contribute extensively to NOC runbooks.
- Driven to grow technical skills and share with the NOC team. Expected to train peers and NOC Analyst II personnel.
- A really good sense of humor.
Extra points if you are familiar with:
- Understanding of transaction based applications (HTTP, XML, SIP)
- SQL familiarity (constructing and running database queries.)
- Understanding of Webservers (Apache, IIS, …) (restart, reboot).
- Basic linux experience (Linux CLI, with CentOS, other distros, bash scripting, …)
- Virtualization/Cloud experience (Virtual Machines, AWS, Containers, ....,).
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP Networking. CCNA a plus.
- Understanding of and exposure to VoIP (SIP).
- Troubleshooting APIs, Load Balancers, SSL certificates, DNS, and other enterprise technologies.
About Red Ventures:
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specialize in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.