We are seeking a dynamic, innovative Project Manager to drive the technical implementation of new strategic products within our Data Science/Engineering vertical. As a key member of the Data team, you will have the unique opportunity to influence and shape the outcome of strategic products across a variety of exciting industries. You will be a key point of contact for a diverse cross-functional team that will look to you for leadership and guidance as the team brings new products to market. This is a highly visible role - offering the opportunity to interact internally and externally across senior levels of the organization - that is ideal for someone who wants to have a significant impact on this fast-growing, cutting-edge, business.
Who We Are
Red Ventures is a leading digital consumer choice platform. Through deeply integrated brand partnerships and consumer-facing assets, Red Ventures connects online customers with products and services in the home services, financial services, and healthcare industries. We use advanced analytics, data science, and integrated technology to cultivate and customize digital connections between brands and customers. We marry the speed of a start-up, the DNA of a digital agency, the strategic thinking of a consultancy, and the analytical skills of a big data company.
How We Work
- Iterate - Red tape doesn’t get in our way. We believe that "Speed Trumps Perfection" so we test and deploy daily.
- Autonomy – Aspiring entrepreneurs succeed here because you will have full-ownership over your work from beginning to end.
- Collaborate – Teamwork is the key to our success. Through open work-space, Slack and peer reviews, our teams work together to build amazing solutions.
- Innovate – With the belief that “Everything is Written in Pencil”, we encourage our teams to test new technologies, learn new languages and challenge the “status quo” to make us better.
- Plan, coordinate, drive, manage, and own projects end to end
- Work iteratively with teams to implement project management and agile methodologies
- Identify opportunities for teams to execute projects more effectively
- Work in partnership with project and program managers to streamline processes across the data organization
- Work with Data Scientists, Engineers, Analysts, and Business Leads to understand the business requirements and translate these requirements into technical/functional specifications
- Balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Work with our Directors of Engineering to coordinate the technical development effort, track/drive the project, and manage the operational implementation process.
- Manage project scope and team resources
- Remove impediments that keep the team from completing their work
- Foster a high performing team
- Act as Scrum Master / Agile coach for teams
- Assess incoming requests and work with teams to determine level of effort
- Motivate teams to meet project deliverables
- Coordinate meetings with stakeholders and manage stakeholder communications
- Identify, plan, and/or escalate project risk and issues
- Identify interdependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems
- Encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit
- Attend cross-functional team meetings to follow up and prioritize work
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years experience leading large, cross-functional technical projects
- 3+ years experience working on a software development team managing projects and writing technical specifications
- Scrum Master certified preferred
- PMP certified is a plus
- Able to balance many competing priorities and prioritize effectively
- Strong negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills are essential to being successful in this role
- Be a motivated self-starter who is also a team player with great cross-group collaboration skills
- Track record of successfully delivering high quality projects on time in a fast-paced/rapidly changing environment
- Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices & identify what truly matters
- Understanding of software processes (development, configuration, testing, and deployment)
About Red Ventures
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.