Red Ventures Los Angeles is looking for a platform engineer who wants to excel by developing cutting-edge back-end microservices for consumer-facing applications. You will implement real-time APIs for mobile and web applications as well as integrate external services and data streams into the platform at scale. As the critical arbitrator of customer experiences with highly sensitive big data sets, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining the optimal data models and compliant storage methods to power the end-to-end platform.
About the Role:
- Experience with Java, Golang, or similar back-end development at scale, Spring framework a plus
- Experience with documenting, creating, and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with secure authentication and authorization layers (e.g. OAuth2, Okta)
- Experience with handling scaling challenges, and continually improving algorithms from agile MVP to optimized production software
- Familiarity with data stores in a relational paradigm (e.g. PostgreSQL) as well as NoSQL (e.g. Redis)
- Experience with implementing new schemas in a database as well as a caching DAO layer (e.g. Hibernate, Memcache, multimaps)
- Familiarity with web service delivery stacks (e.g. nginx, jetty, express)
- Familiarity with containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Extensive use of Open Source software
- Fluent at CICD with git pull requests, reviews, branches, and merges
- Willingness to learn new technologies and challenge what’s possible
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- A small, agile software development team environment
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Untracked Paid Time Off and Flexible Working Schedules
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Snacks, drinks, foosball, and more
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.
This position is located in Pasadena, CA.